The 27th installment of the Texas State Japanese Language Speech Contest will take place on March 12, 2016.
The goal of the Texas State Japanese Language Speech Contest is to inspire Japanese language learners of all levels and ages to challenge themselves and improve their Japanese by providing an opportunity to demonstrate oral language communication skills. The contest also strives to bring together the Japanese and American communities to advocate for and to celebrate Japanese language learning, and to encourage students to further their understanding of Japan, its people, and its culture.
For more information on the format and content of the 2016 State Speech Contest, please review the contest Handbook.
Registration opens on February 22, 2016.
Support for the Texas State Japanese Language Speech Contest comes from:
- Host Sponsor: Rice University Center for Languages & Intercultural Communication
- All Nippon Airways
- Japan Foundation
- Mrs. LaVerl Daily
- Japanese Teachers Association of Texas (JTAT)
- Japan Business Association of Texas (JBAH)
- Japanese Association of Greater Houston (JAGH)
- JASH Shintech-Kangawa Fund
- TEXOMA JET Alumni Association (TEXOMA JETAA)