The 28th installment of the Texas State Japanese Language Speech Contest will take place on March 4, 2017.
The goal of the Texas State Japanese Language Speech Contest is to inspire Japanese language learners of all levels and ages to challenge themselves and improve their Japanese by providing an opportunity to demonstrate oral language communication skills. The contest also strives to bring together the Japanese and American communities to advocate for and to celebrate Japanese language learning, and to encourage students to further their understanding of Japan, its people, and its culture.
For more information on the format and content of the 2017 State Speech Contest, please review the contest handbook.
Registration will be open from February 20-26, 2017.
- 9:00 AM - Judge Orientation
- 10:30 AM - STUDENT REGISTRATION
- 11:00 AM - OPENING CEREMONY
- 11:10 AM - COMPETITION PART I
- 12:45 PM - COMPETITION PART II
- SPEECH WITH TEXT
- 4:00 PM - COMPETITION PART III
- 5:45 PM - AWARDS CEREMONY
- Consulate-General of Japan in Houston
- Japan Business Association of Houston (JABH)
- Japanese Association of Greater Houston (JAGH)
- Japanese Teachers Association of Texas (JTAT)
- Shintech Kanagawa Fund